The following cases will result in a type 1 fine:
- You were unable to present a valid ticket.
- You did not pay within 14 days when the procedure for a ‘passenger unable to pay the (exact) fare' applied.
- You soiled the tracks, a vehicle, stop or public area.
- You soiled the systems, infrastructure or equipment or you deliberately used them incorrectly.
- You disturbed the public order or peace through disruptive behaviour under the influence of alcohol or drugs, public urination or defecation, unwanted physical contact or insulting statements or actions.
- You were in possession of an item or substance that could obstruct, soil or inconvenience other people.
- You blocked or leaned against the vehicle's doors.
- You boarded the bus through the back doors rather than the front doors.
- You distracted the driver or another member of staff during the journey.
- You went on top or over the safety fences or markings.
- You gained unauthorised access to the service counters and passageways not open to the public.
- You smoked inside the vehicles, at De Lijn shelters or any other covered spaces.
- You did not follow the instructions given by the driver or the inspection staff.
- You made unauthorised use of the dial-a-bus reservation options.
Any questions about this subject?
Fill in this form.