You can do this via your personal De Lijn account. This allows you to buy tickets more quickly, as you no longer need to enter your payment details every time.
How it works
- When you link your payment method, we store your payment details and link them to your personal De Lijn account. The next time you buy a ticket, you will no longer have to enter your details or provide extra confirmation via your bank’s card reader or app.
- For the time being, you can only link one payment method to your account.
- There is a small one-off charge of 02 euros to pay to link the Payconiq/Bancontact app. This is purely Bancontact’s charge for linking the card. There is of course no extra charge to pay for each m-ticket that you purchase.
How to link your payment method via the De Lijn website
- Go to the ticket purchase page on our website to link your payment method. Click on ‘Discover the advantages’.
- Not logged in yet? Do it now. Don’t yet have an account? Create one.
- Enter your surname and first name. These will be saved in your account. Make sure that they are exactly as shown on your identity card. The Lijn inspectors will use them to check the validity of your ticket.
- You will receive some extra information at this point about a possible one-off charge of 0.02 euros to link your payment method.
- Select the payment method to be linked (Bancontact, Visa or Mastercard) and fill in the requested information. Follow the steps indicated by your bank.
- If the link/payment is successful you will return to the ticket purchase page and you are done. From now on, you can buy m-tickets quickly and easily with your linked payment method.
If the link/payment failed, don't worry: we’ll be happy to help you if you fill in the contact form on the website or use the ‘give feedback’ button in the app. We will then investigate what went wrong.
Any questions about this subject?
Fill in this form.