You can retrieve your m-ticket at any time by taking the following steps:
- Download the app on your new device.
- Go to My Tickets and at the bottom of the screen choose the option to validate your telephone number.
- Enter your mobile phone number. Make sure you have a WiFi or 4G connection.
- You will then receive a free SMS with a verification code.
- Enter the code. Your mobile phone number will now be reset and linked to your new device.
- Your purchased m-tickets will be retrieved and will appear in the app under My Tickets.
Note: Do you have a new phone number? We can’t change the mobile phone number linked to the m-tickets. Your available tickets therefore cannot be transferred to your new number.
If you are in this situation, install the app on your new device and enter your old mobile phone number. You’ll receive a text message on your old number with a verification code which you must enter. Once you have done this, the m-tickets for any remaining journeys will reappear in the app. Once the trips on your m-card10, m-tickets or m-day pass have been used up, enter your new mobile number. Tickets that you purchase after this will be linked to your new mobile number. This is necessary as when tickets are checked, our De Lijn inspectors ask for your mobile number. They can then verify through our help desk whether an m-ticket has been requested for that number. The help desk sometimes sends a text message to check whether the specified number is that of the smartphone in question.
Any questions about this subject?
Fill in this form.