Is your phone battery dead? Have you run out of mobile data? Is there a malfunction on the network?
Read below what to do if there is an inspection in these situations.
If your ticket has already been activated
- Tell the Lijn inspector your surname and first name as shown on your identity card. The inspector can use this to check the validity of your ticket in our system.
- If you have activated an ticket that you purchased from a partner tell the Lijn inspector your mobile phone number. The inspector can use this to check the validity of your ticket in our system.
- Are you traveling with an SMS ticket? Our inspectors can also check this.
If your ticket has not yet been activated
- Always make sure you have a valid ticket before you board.
- You can also pay contactlessly with your payment card or the payment app on your smartphone or smartwatch. Hold your means of payment in front of the white terminal on the vehicle.
- If you have a Belgian mobile phone number, you can also purchase a ticket via SMS. Send DL to the number 4884. You will receive a reply message that counts as a valid ticket.
Any questions about this subject?
Fill in this form.