Help & Contact

How can we help you?


I have a disability. What should I do to get a free travel pass?

If you have a disability, you will receive a free Buzzy Pazz or Omnipas, provided that you officially live in the Flemish Region and:

  • You are registered with the Flemish Agency for Persons with a Disability (VAPH).
  • You receive an allowance from the Federal Public Service for Social Security (FODSZ/SPFSS). This does not apply to children recognised as having a disability by the Federal Public Service for Social Security and receiving care allowance for children with specific support needs.
  • You receive a care budget for elderly people with a care need from your health care fund.
  • You are entitled to special employment support measures (BTOM) from the Flemish Service for Employment and Vocational Training (VDAB)

If you meet the conditions, De Lijn will automatically give you a free travel pass.You will be charged a €6 administration fee for creating and sending the MOBIB card that contains your travel pass. You will automatically receive a letter or email with a bank transfer form. De Lijn will send you the MOBIB card with your free travel pass upon receipt of your payment. If you already have a MOBIB card, your travel pass will automatically be loaded onto the card. Do you have a MOBIB card from another transport company? In that case you must first register the card at one of our Lijnwinkel stores. The card is valid for 5 years and is strictly personal.

How long does a travel pass remain valid?

Your subscription remains valid for 5 years and is then automatically renewed as long as your recognition as a person with a disability is valid. When your MOBIB card expires, you’ll receive an invitation to buy a new one.

What should I do if I haven’t received the travel pass?


If you have a visual impairment, you can use public transport free of charge by showing your national public transport discount card.

Didn't find what you were looking for?