If your MOBIB card is no longer in your possession it’s best to apply for a new one online at the earliest opportunity. The old one is still linked to your national registry number. Until the expiry date of your MOBIB card travel passes are loaded onto the lost or stolen card. Upon receipt of your application we will deactivate your old MOBIB card and send you your new one at the earliest opportunity.
Applying for a new MOBIB card online
- Complete this form and submit your application.
- You will receive a link by email to pay the €10 administrative charge.
- As soon as your payment has been processed we will send you a confirmation email. A new MOBIB card will be sent to your home address via regular mail within 7 working days. Your old MOBIB card will be deactivated as soon as you apply for a new one.
Please note that you need a valid ticket for every journey with De Lijn, even while you are waiting for your new MOBIB card. You can purchase this via the app, by SMS or through another sales channel. That way you don't risk a fine. These tickets are not refunded by De Lijn.
You can’t apply for your card online? Then drop by a Lijnwinkel.
- Drop by a Lijnwinkel.
- Pay the €10 administrative charge. Lijnwinkels take cash or Bancontact.
- You will immediately receive your new MOBIB card in the Lijnwinkel store. If this is not possible due to circumstances, you will receive it by post at your official address within 7 working days. We will also automatically deactivate your old MOBIB card.
If you still had a season ticket on your old card, and you’re waiting for a new one, you will also receive a 14-day pass.