Request a new MOBIB card online. We will then send you a new one as soon as possible and deactivate your old one. We charge an administrative fee of 10 euros for doing this.
Request a MOBIB card online
- Enter your details on this form and send in your request.
- You will receive a link by email for the payment of the 10 euro administrative fee.
- Once payment has been received, we will send you a confirmation email.
You will receive a new MOBIB card by post at your official address within 7 working days. As soon as you request a new MOBIB card, we will automatically deactivate your old one.
You need a valid ticket for every journey with De Lijn, even while you are waiting for your new MOBIB card. Purchase this via the app, by SMS or contactless with your bankcard. That way you don't risk a fine. Tickets will only be refunded if there is a technical failure at De Lijn or if a purchased product has not been charged correctly.
Unable to apply online? Drop in at a Lijnwinkel store.
- Drop in at a a Lijnwinkel store.
- Pay the 10 euro administrative fee. You can pay by Bancontact or cash.
- You will receive your new MOBIB card by post at your official address within 7 working days. We will also automatically deactivate your old MOBIB card.
If you still had a season ticket on your old card, and you’re waiting for a new one, you will also receive a 14-day pass.
Do you think the card is defective due to a problem at De Lijn?
Is your card defective without any visible damage? If so, we’ll replace your MOBIB card free of charge. This can be done in two ways:
- Bring your card in to a Lijnwinkel store. If your card has no visible damage, you’ll receive a 14-day pass while waiting for your new card.
- Or send us a clear picture of your defective MOBIB card via our contact form. Our staff there will check why your MOBIB card no longer works. If the cause is to be found at our end then your MOBIB card will be replaced free of charge. Pending delivery of your new MOBIB card you will need a valid ticket for every journey.
You don’t have time to go to a Lijnwinkel right now or you’d rather not wait for the Travel Pass Department to send you a reply? Then you can always apply for a new card.