Request a new MOBIB card online. We will then send you a new one as soon as possible and deactivate your old one. We charge an administrative fee of 10 euros for doing this.
Request a MOBIB card online
- Enter your details on this form and send in your request.
- You will receive a link by email for the payment of the 10 euro administrative fee.
- Once payment has been received, we will send you a confirmation email.
You will receive a new MOBIB card by post at your official address within 7 working days. As soon as you request a new MOBIB card, we will automatically deactivate your old one.
You need a valid ticket for every journey with De Lijn, even while you are waiting for your new MOBIB card. If there was an ongoing subscription on your old card, you can get a temporary ticket for free in our Lijnwinkel. If not, you can purchase this via the app, by SMS or through another sales channel. That way you don't risk a fine. These tickets are not refunded by De Lijn.
Unable to apply online? Drop in at a Lijnwinkel store.
- Drop in at a a Lijnwinkel store.
- Pay the 10 euro administrative fee. You can pay by Bancontact or cash.
- You will receive your new MOBIB card by post at your official address within 7 working days. We will also automatically deactivate your old MOBIB card.
If you still had a season ticket on your old card, and you’re waiting for a new one, you will also receive a 14-day pass.
Do you think the card is defective due to a problem at De Lijn?
Is your card defective without any visible damage? If so, we’ll replace your MOBIB card free of charge. This can be done in two ways:
- Bring your card in to a Lijnwinkel store. If your card has no visible damage, you’ll receive a 14-day pass while waiting for your new card.
- Or send in your defective MOBIB card in by post along with a covering letter to the Season Tickets service, Slijkensesteenweg 11 - 8400 Ostend.
We’ll then check why your MOBIB card no longer works. If the fault lies with us, you’ll receive a new MOBIB card free of charge. In the meantime, however, you must purchase a valid ticket for every journey.
Are you unable to get to a Lijnwinkel store, or would you rather not wait for the Season Ticket service to reply? If so you can opt to request a new card online.