There are currently two types of ticket in circulation: those purchased before 3 November and those purchased from 3 November. Read below how we distinguish between and check these tickets.
Tickets purchased from De Lijn from 3 November 2021
- Your activated ticket will be shown under ‘Active’. Click on ‘View details’ during an inspection so that the Lijn inspector can scan your QR code.
- Below these details your surname and first name are also shown. The Lijn inspector may also ask for your identity card.
- Is there a technical malfunction or a problem with your mobile phone? Then the Lijn inspector can still look up the activated ticket in our system. This will be done using your surname and first name as show on your identity card.
Tickets purchased via the De Lijn website or app before 3 November 2021
- These tickets are still linked to your mobile phone number. The Lijn inspector will check the validity of the day code (a combination of numbers and letters) in our system.
- If this isn’t possible, for example because of a technical malfunction or a problem with your mobile phone, the Lijn inspector can still check the validity of your ticket in our system using your mobile phone number.
- Have you bought an ticket from one of our partners? Here’s how activation works.
Any questions about this subject?
Fill in this form.