There are currently two types of m-ticket in circulation: those purchased before 3 November and those purchased from 3 November. Read below how we distinguish between and check these tickets.
M-tickets purchased from De Lijn from 3 November 2021
- Your activated m-ticket will be shown under ‘Active’. Click on ‘View details’ during an inspection so that the Lijn inspector can scan your QR code.
- Below these details your surname and first name are also shown. The Lijn inspector may also ask for your identity card.
- Is there a technical malfunction or a problem with your mobile phone? Then the Lijn inspector can still look up the activated m-ticket in our system. This will be done using your surname and first name as show on your identity card.
M-tickets purchased via the De Lijn website or app before 3 November 2021
- These m-tickets are still linked to your mobile phone number. The Lijn inspector will check the validity of the day code (a combination of numbers and letters) in our system.
- If this isn’t possible, for example because of a technical malfunction or a problem with your mobile phone, the Lijn inspector can still check the validity of your ticket in our system using your mobile phone number.
- Have you bought an m-ticket from one of our partners? Here’s how activation works.
Any questions about this subject?
Fill in this form.