The fastest and easiest way to buy a travel pass is through our website. This avoids long queues at our Lijnwinkels.
Some travel passes cannot be bought directly online. Click here to find out which and how to proceed.
Do you already have a MOBIB-card by the SNCB, TEC or MIVB? Then drop by a Lijnwinkel. We’ll be happy to add your De Lijn travel pass to your card. Afterwards you can simply renew your travel pass via our website.
Buying a travel pass on the website
- Go to delijn.be/koopabo.
- Indicate your age category and fill in the required data. Select the start date and the validity period.
- Family discounts and municipal discounts are automatically deducted. One exception to this is that some municipalities request a certificate to grant the discount.
- Pay with Visa, Mastercard or Bancontact. Following payment you will receive a confirmation email.
Keep your identity card handy for when you have to fill in your national registry number.
Payment and reception
With an online purchase it only takes a few minutes to process your payment.
- Do you have a MOBIB card registered with De Lijn? Then your renewed travel pass is loaded onto your card by 10 am the next day.
- You don’t have a MOBIB card yet? Then one will be sent to your home address within 7 working days. If your travel pass starts before then (no sooner than one day after purchase) then you will receive free SMS tickets that you can use until you receive the card.
Buying a travel pass in a Lijnwinkel
Drop by a Lijnwinkel if you can’t buy a travel pass via our website. Upon presentation of your ID card you can buy a travel pass there.
Are you buying a travel pass for your children or someone else? Make sure you have their national register number to hand if they are not living at your address.
Don’t have an ID card or Belgian national register number? Bring a passport photo, together with a document that proves your identity, such as a driving licence, passport, registration document or birth certificate.
Payment and reception
Lijnwinkels take Bancontact, Visa or Mastercard.
- Your travel pass is immediately loaded onto your MOBIB card.
- If you don’t have a MOBIB card yet then you will be issued a 14-day pass. Your MOBIB card with your travel pass will be sent to your home address within 7 working days.
Any questions about this subject?
Fill in this form.